As artisans and chefs are facing the consequences of COVID-19 globally, the World Chocolate Masters will postpone the launch of its competition to start with National Selections as of March ’21 – and the world final to take place in Paris in October ‘22. This new timeline should enable contestants to fully focus on the recovery of their business, and to find the time to prepare for this creative championship as well.
The assignments for all contestants will be:
- #YOU Create a mood board explaining your core idea and how it reflects your vision of #TMRW
- #DESIGN Create a chocolate design artwork using 6 different techniques and using max. 5 kg of chocolate
- #TASTE Create a fresh chocolate patisserie including 3 compulsory ingredients (chocolate / a fruit / a locally sourced ingredient)
- #SNACK Create a chocolate snack that is 100% plant based
- #BONBON Create a bonbon based on natural ingredients – completely E-number free
The WCM World Final will take place in Paris (France) in October ’22. The exact location will be revealed before the end of 2020.